Awards & Recognition
Over the years, our interior design firm has been awarded numerous awards and recognitions on a regional as well as national level. Here is only a small sample of such distinctions.
- August 2018: Juror to ASID San Antonio Pinnacle of Design Awards Competition
- June 2018: Juror to IDIBC Vancouver Shine Awards of Excellence Design Competition
- March, 2018: Juror to ASID Texas Chapter's Dallas 2018 Design Ovation Interior Design Awards Competition
- April, 2013: Historic Seattle's "Best Preservation Practice" Award for exterior renovation of Seattle Vineyard
- October, 2007: Completion of design services for regionally acclaimed green building project: "Going Green At The Beach"
- May, 2006: First featured segment for HGTV’s Fall 2006 “Small Space Big Style” broadcast television program
- October, 2005: Featured in the October, 2005 Seattle Homes & Lifestyles Magazine Green Design issue with Jim Barger of Greenleaf Construction and David Vandervort, AIA of Vandervort Architects presenting the 2005 Master Builders Built Green Competition 1st place winning project, “Green Compact”, a single-family new construction residence located in Seattle’s Central Area
- February, 2003: One of three design professionals chosen for King 5 Evening Magazine’s “Changing Spaces” segment
- November, 2002: Seattle Interior Show People’s Choice Award for “Jardin de Chine: A Classical Conservatory” interior space, operating as David Weatherford’s coordinator and design assistant
"I am a past (2010) Washington State Chapter President of the American Society of Interior Designers [ASID]. I believe in being a contributing member of this organization because it connects me to a national design community who can keep me accountable to responsible business practices and inform me about how the ever changing workings of this world effect how I serve you. Also, Miller Interior Design is a member of the United States Green Building Council [USGBC]; because we are committed to designing beautiful spaces sustainably."
- November, 2001: ASID Presidential Citation for contribution to the profession
- November, 2000: 1st Place, ASID Oklahoma Chapter Excellence in Design Competition, model home/showcase division, for “The Imperial Chamber” Master Bedroom produced for the 1999 Oklahoma City Symphony Designer’s Showhouse
- November, 2000: ASID Presidential Citation for contribution to the profession
- November, 1998: 1st Place, ASID Oklahoma Chapter Excellence in Design Competition, model home/showcase division, for “A Young Lady’s Fantasy Suite” bedroom produced for the 1997 Oklahoma City Symphony Designer’s Showhouse
- December, 1998: National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) Certification – #014846
Working with Keith and his exuberant, positive nature has been a sincere pleasure. We know ourselves better for knowing him.
Jame Smith / International Corp.